Comment on page
To check the status of the Redis server:
- For getting into the Redis container, use the command “redis-cli”.
- Inside Redis, use the command “PING” -
- If the response is “PONG” then the server is running.
- If the response is blank or anything else other than “PONG,” the server is not running.
- To get out of the Redis container: “exit”.
Restarting service mainly involves killing the service and starting it again.
Procedure to kill a service:
- For killing any service on a Linux machine, we need the process_id of the service. The process_id which we get as the output number for further steps in killing the service by running the command is: $ ps aux|grep redis.
- For killing an unresponsive service on a Linux machine, replace the process_id_of_service with the value that you have noted down in the above step:
$ sudo kill -9 process_id_of_service.
- To confirm if the service is killed: $ sudo service redis-server status.
Procedure to start a service:
- After successfully killing the service, to start the service: $ sudo service redis-server start.
- To check the status of the service: $ sudo service redis-server status.
Note: Check the status of the redis-server as mentioned above.