At DIVOC (“we” or “us” or “our”) we respect the privacy of our users (“user” or “you” also referred to as ‘your’) and are committed to protecting it. Hence, we maintain the highest standards for secure activities , user information/data privacy and security.
DIVOC (Digital Infrastructure for Verifiable Open Credentialing) is an open-source digital platform that has enabled governments across the world to issue, distribute and verify secure and tamper-proof COVID-19 vaccination and test result digital certificates, at scale. DIVOC, a Digital Public Good (DPG) by eGov Foundation, is designed in accordance with precise international specifications, is recognised by 120 countries globally and is compliant with WHO and EU standards.
DIVOC refers to the services being provided through the DIVOC platform. To know more about the services provided, please refer to our website.
Through DIVOC, any implementing partner (national governmental bodies, department, local bodies & their agencies) corporate/private bodies (utility services) (Service Providers) can use DIVOC website/application/services in different ways such as for issuing and verifying certificates, set up registries for streamlines public health program executions, etc.
The DIVOC data dictionary follows the WHO DDCC:VS which includes compliance with principles of legitimate use, fair processing, accountability, transparency, purposeful, proportional, minimal and lawful collection, usage, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information (“PII”), confidentiality and security of data.
DIVOC collects information/data (“data”) to improve and provide better public health programme execution. We collect and process PII such as your first name, last name, parent’s/guardian’s name, address, unique identifier, nationality, date of birth, mobile number, age, gender, identification documents, vaccine details (batch number, dosage number, date of vaccination, total number of doses, country of vaccination).
We may collect data such as vaccine manufacturer, vaccine market authorisation holder, vaccine administering centre, health worker identifier, due date of next dose, certificate valid from, certificate valid from and to period, certificate issuer and health certificate identifier ( certificate id).
We collect information such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, domain name, browser type, operating system, date and time of the visit, pages visited, IMEI/IMSI number, device ID, location information, language settings, handset make & model etc. However, no attempt is made to link these with the true identity of individuals visiting the relevant our website, implementing partner or service providers application or platform.
The internet address associated with your computer, the type of web browser you use, your operating system, the site that referred you to us, the pages you visited, and the dates and times of those visits.
DIVOC collects data directly from the user (when the user uses our services) as and when you register and login into the service providers app/website. DIVOC may also collect data from national governments (union, state, and local governments or any other governing body, including their agents/employees), private bodies (only after our data protection and privacy guidelines are adhered to) as well as receive data that is available openly for public use.
We also collect data that any visitor to our website consensually provide to us (for example, data provided to make a complaint, customer query, or to subscribe to our emailing list).
Your data is stored in a secure manner on the implementation partner provided space. It does not allow your data to be visible to anyone, except persons who are authorised to do so by virtue of their official role. Unless indicated otherwise, this data will be retained for a minimum period as per implementing countries laws and a maximum period of as per implementing countries' laws. You can review and edit your data, as well as delete your data from the app/website by following the procedures as per implementing countries laws.
You may delete your account any time you wish. In case of deletion, we will remove all your PII from the system, so that it is not visible and/or accessible from any regular operation.
After deletion, in case you wish to recreate your profile, the same is permissible and none of the previously captured information will be populated automatically. You need to register as a fresh user.
If you simply delete/remove the application from your mobile device but do not delete your profile or unregister yourself from the app/website, you shall continue to be a registered user of the app and we shall continue to send you all communications that you have opted for unless and until you opt-out of such communications, or as per implementing countries laws.
In case you surrender/disconnect your registered mobile number it is recommended to delete your profile or unregister yourself from the application also.
We collect only such data as serves these objectives. Specifically:
- We process this data as necessary to provide you with the services you are requesting (for example, to get your vaccination certificate issued or verified) through the service providers application (for example, in India, the CoWin app is the national government’s application used by citizens for issuance of vaccination certificates).
- We may process, disclose, or share certain metadata, as well as aggregated and anonymised data, in order to assess and improve the status of such service delivery over time.
- We may disclose or share this data to/with employees and/or contractors of the government agencies, service providers, whose role requires them to view or use this information in order to perform their official duties, including providing you the service(s) you are requesting.
- Resolving any disputes that may arise with respect to the transactions/deals that you may conduct using the service providers app/website.
- Detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or that may be illegal or unlawful.
- Conducting research or analysing the user preferences and demographics as statistical data and not as individual data.
- We may disclose or share this data in order to comply with the law or any legal process, including when required in judicial, arbitral, or administrative proceedings.
- Payments made through the government’s or service providers App/website are processed via secure payment gateways.
We will not process, disclose, or share your data except as described in this policy or as otherwise authorised by you.
All content on this page by eGov Foundation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Last modified 3mo ago